Waking up tired makes me feel sleepy all day and I live from coffee to coffee. Now that I started using the Sleep Cycle app, things have changed.
The Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock iPhone app is available at € 1,79 in iTunes.
Before I go to sleep I open the app, indicate around what time I want to be awakened and put my iPhone upside down on my mattress. The app analyzes my sleep at night and wakes me up in the morning during my lightest sleep phase, around the time that I have indicated. This ensures that I will wake up when I’m in my light sleep phase, instead of my deep REM phase. Waking up during the REM sleep phase can make you wake up very tired, although you have slept enough hours that night. This app prevents you waking up during a deep sleep phase.
Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock asks what time you would like to be woken up.
Sleep Cycle analyzes your … sleep cycle!
Yesterday on Instagram I already showed some of the Sleep Cycle app features. When you enter your stress level, whether you worked out, had coffee and tea, Sleep Cycle analyzes the effects of these things on your sleep quality.
Enter information about your workout, coffee and tea consumption and stress level and the Sleep Cycle app analyzes the effects on your sleep.
Furthermore, the app provides an overview of the hours that you have been in bed, what time you went to bed that week and it gives an overview of your nightly sleep behavior.
This is what the app developer lists as the main features of the app:
– Waking up made easy! Sleep Cycle analyzes your sleep and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase.
– Detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs for every night.
– 15 carefully selected, high quality, alarm melodies.
– Use iPod music as wake up sound
– Snooze by shaking or tapping the phone lightly.
– Customizable wake up window. From instant (regular alarm clock) up to 90 minutes.
– Background mode – set your alarm and exit Sleep Cycle – sleep analysis will continue in the background
– Sleep notes: see how events such as drinking coffee, eating too much or having a stressful day affect your sleep quality
– Long term graphs: track sleep quality over time, see which days of the week you sleep best and much more
– Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
Perhaps needless to say, a disadvantage is that radiation from your cellphone is released. To protect yourself from this, it’s an option to stick a radiation shield to your cell phone.
A cell shield absorbs the electromagnetic field coming from your cell.
Available in Amazon
I think it’s a handy app , but I advice to use a radiation shield if you want to put your cell on your mattress at night.