[dropcap]C[/dropcap]hristmas is high season regarding consumption of fattened turkey and force-fed goose. Of course, you don’t participate in this horrific greediness.
To help you survive Christmas and make sure you don’t have to eat your aunts fois gras and stuffed turkey, I will share simple, gluten and lactose free, vegan and vegetarian Christmas recipes in the upcoming week. All you have to do is e-mail them to your aunt or offer to help preparing the Christmas menu.
Today’s recipe is a side dish: cold, vegan, sweet potato salad.
- 125 ml unsweetened, organic soy milk
- 4 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp gluten and lactose free mustard (i.e. Wegmans, or check the label!)
- pinch of curry powder
- 185 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 750 gr sweet potato, cubed
- 250 gr broad beans (organic, canned)
- 1 small red onion, minced
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- handful of fresh dill, chopped
- handful of fresh chive, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
- Combine the mustard, a pinch of salt, lemon juice, soymilk and curry powder until you have a thick mayonaise. Set aside.
- Peel the and cube the potatoes and bring the cubes to boil in 12-15 minutes.
- Drain and let the potatoes cool down (can be eaten warm if desired).
- Drain the broad beans and add them together with the red onion and scallion to the sweet potato.
- Add the mayonaise and fresh herbs and serve as a side dish.
Shop gluten & lactose free mustard:
Copyright featured image: AFP