[dropcap]I[/dropcap] was planning on making chocolate cookies for the next schoolday, but the texture was a bit sticky, making it turn out as an amazing chocolate brownie cake!
Cake with benefits
This cake seriously is amazing! It taste like heaven and is full of muscle recovering proteines and raw cacao. Raw cacao contains a lot of important nutrients, vitamins and minerals, such as:
- vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9 and E
- flavonoïds with high antioxidant properties
Raw cacao can also help you lose weight. Yes I know, it sounds amazing right? A Chocolate brownie cake that helps you lose weight? Perfect!
A delish chocolate brownie cake that recovers your muscles after a workout and is full of beautifying nutrients. Can you believe it? Copyright © Daphne Kooy
Other benefits of this chocolate protein brownie cake:
- wheat free
- gluten free
- lactose free
- processed sugar free
- perfect pre or after workout snack
- makes you feel full for a long time
The ultimate benefit: it tastes like you just ate a big fat, unhealthy brownie on a birthday party. But this is cake so much better! You can’t believe it’s real? Just try and find out! It takes a maximum time of 1 hour with baking time included.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/4 cup dates
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I prefer Sunwarrior)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- baking soda
- some pecans for the topping
- Preheat the oven on 160C.
- To make the cake, process the cashews in the food processor until you get a rough flour consitancy.
- Add the dates and process until it’s blended with the cashew flour.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the cacao nibs and process until the dough is a bit sticky and you can form it into a ball.
- Add the cacao nibs and press on the bottom of a 24 cm spring-form pan.
- Top with pecans.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- When the brownie cake is ready, set aside to cool down and enjoy!
- I made use of a 24 cm spring-form pan
Daphne used SunWarrior raw vegan protein powder chocolate in here recipe.
Chief editor’s choice of food processor: Philips HR 7778 Kitchen Machine Avance Collection
What’s your favorite Saturday evening comfort food?