Here you are: a delicious, gluten-free and lactose-free black quinoa salad recipe. This vegan recipe contains super healthy ingredients like lime, parsley, strawberries and almonds and perfectly fits into a balanced, nutritious and healthy diet. Read on for the recipe!
The question is: have you ever heard of black quinoa? I knew about red quinoa. I once posted this (uh-ma-zing) recipe with red quinoa. I didn’t know about black quinoa yet though. As such, trying out a black quinoa recipe was worth a test:
I combined the black quinoa with fresh green mint leaves, parsley leaves, cucumber and green peas and red strawberries for a nice contrast. And, of course, to add up on extra healthiness in a bowl. As an additional source of (vegan) protein I added almonds.
The spicy dressing consisted of a mix of olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper:
Sounds good? Here you are: the recipe!
- 85 gram (1/2 C) uncooked, black quinoa
- 170 ml (1 C) water to boil the quinoa in
- 200 gram (1C) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 50 gram (1/4 C) green peas, pre-cooked
- 35 gram (1/4 C) shaved and cubed cucumber
- 1 bundle fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 bundle fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 140 gram (1 C) unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 30 ml (1/8 C) olive oil
- 30 ml (1/8 C) maple syrup
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (fine sea) salt
- Boil the quinoa in 15 minutes while regularly stirring. Draining is not necessary.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Finally, pour the dressing over your salad and garnish with extra almonds.