I scream ice cream! Preferably chocolate ice cream, wìth health benefits, without unwanted additives, gluten free, lactose free and refined sugar free. In this article I am sharing a healthy chocolate ice cream recipe that is rich in protein and based on natural ingredients only.
Read on for the recipe!
[dropcap]H[/dropcap]i love! Temperatures have risen like crazy! After and during breaks from work (modelling, blogging and health education) I try to enjoy the sun as much as I can! I go for a coffee down town, sunbathe on my balcony or a nearby forest lake beach for instance.
Something else that I enjoy doing at high temperatures is going for a run (be careful with running with high temperatures: more on this topic later). I call it Bikram running (does that actually exist?). Last Saturday I came back after my run; ribbons of sweat were literally streaming down my body and my face looked like a tomato (I don’t need much to look like a tomato ;)).
My tomato face after a summer run
Clean post-workout food
After I gulped down a gallon of water, I searched my cabins for clean post-workout carbs and protein. I already had my SunWarrior vegan protein powder (vanilla flavor) and raw cocoa powder at hand when I realised I had some frozen banana’s and frozen, soaked cashews in my freezer. Hmmm, of course this asked for me to make myself a quick, experimental post-workout ice cream! All I did was throw the ingredients in my food processor, add a bit of xanthan gum for stickiness and add cinnamon for strong antioxidant power.
The result: clean, protein rich chocolate ice cream, perfect for muscle repair, super delicious and ready in just 2 minutes!
Here you go:
- 0.75 cups cashew nuts, soaked and frozen (120 grams)
- 1.5 banana, in slices and frozen
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons protein powder (equals about 1.5 scoops)
- 1.5 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients blend.
- Serve right away!
- Preferably use organic ingredients
- Add raw cocoa nibs for crunchiness and extra chocolate flavor
- I used vanilla protein powder; using chocolate flavored protein powder will give thise ice cream a more intense chocolate flavor.
- Add milk of your choice (coconut/almond/rice) if the consistency stays too thick.
Any plans for summer?
Follow me on social media: