I scream ice cream! Preferably chocolate ice cream, wìth health benefits, without unwanted additives, gluten free, lactose free and refined sugar free. In this article I am sharing a healthy chocolate ice cream recipe that is rich in protein and based on natural ingredients only.
Read on for the recipe!Hi love! Temperatures have risen like crazy! After and during breaks from work (modelling, blogging and health education) I try to enjoy the sun as much as I can! I go for a coffee down town, sunbathe on my balcony or a nearby forest lake beach for instance.
Something else that I enjoy doing at high temperatures is going for a run (be careful with running with high temperatures: more on this topic later). I call it Bikram running (does that actually exist?). Last Saturday I came back after my run; ribbons of sweat were literally streaming down my body and my face looked like a tomato (I don’t need much to look like a tomato ;)).
My tomato face after a summer run
Clean post-workout food
After I gulped down a gallon of water, I searched my cabins for clean post-workout carbs and protein. I already had my SunWarrior vegan protein powder (vanilla flavor) and raw cocoa powder at hand when I realised I had some frozen banana’s and frozen, soaked cashews in my freezer. Hmmm, of course this asked for me to make myself a quick, experimental post-workout ice cream! All I did was throw the ingredients in my food processor, add a bit of xanthan gum for stickiness and add cinnamon for strong antioxidant power.
The result: clean, protein rich chocolate ice cream, perfect for muscle repair, super delicious and ready in just 2 minutes!
Here you go:
- 0.75 cups cashew nuts, soaked and frozen (120 grams)
- 1.5 banana, in slices and frozen
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons protein powder (equals about 1.5 scoops)
- 1.5 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients blend.
- Serve right away!
- Preferably use organic ingredients
- Add raw cocoa nibs for crunchiness and extra chocolate flavor
- I used vanilla protein powder; using chocolate flavored protein powder will give thise ice cream a more intense chocolate flavor.
- Add milk of your choice (coconut/almond/rice) if the consistency stays too thick.
Any plans for summer?
Follow me on social media: