My favorite starter that I just can’t get enough of is a shrimp cocktail. In most restaurants it is served with a very greasy mayonaise sauce though, so I started experimenting to make it a little lighter and lower in calories. The result is a fresh and spicy shrimp cocktail that is quick, healthy and waistline friendly.
Shrimps are low in calories and saturated fat, full of full of omega 3 fatty acids, B12 vitamin, iron, calcium, phosphorus, niacin (B3 vitamin) HDL cholesterol (good and beneficial cholesterol) and protein. Moreover, they stabilize blood sugar levels and contribute to theroid health.
Here’s the recipe:
Low carb shrimp cocktail
Kitchen aid: bowl
Time: 10 minutes
400 gr/14 oz pre-cooked pink shrimps
Ingredients for the sauce:
- Bundle of fresh thyme, diced.
- 2.5 cup/600 ml 0% Greeck yogurt or quark
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients to garnish:
- 4 slices of lemon
- Some twigs of fresh thyme
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce well.
- Add the shrimps and mix together.
- Serve in cute glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and and a twig of thyme.