Craving a burger or some fast-food? No worry’s; you don’t have to eat unhealthy! Satisfy your appetite with a great tasting, spicy kale veggie burger. It’s easy to make and healthier than a regular fast food burger.
The good thing about this burger is that you can add whatever ingredients you like. Veggie burgers can be made with chickpeas, black beans, white beans, potatoes, lentils and pretty much any other vegetable that can be mashed and formed into a patty.
This homemade burger will blow your mind, even if you’re not a vegetarian 😉
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 spelt buns
- a few large lettuce leafs
- 1 large tomato
- 0.75 cups/200 grams canned brown beans
- 1/3 cup/30 grams kale
- 1 tablespoon spelt flour
- ½ egg, slightly beaten
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Put the drained beans in a blender with the kale and blend for a while. It does not have to be a smooth batter.
- Fry the chopped onions in coconut oil for a short time with the garlic.
- Combine the blended beans, kale, red pepper, fried onions, egg and spelt flour
- in a bowl and mix it by hand.
- Form the ‘dough’ into a burger the size you want.
- Keep the burgers refrigirated for 20 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan, fry the onion rings and fry the burgers until they are brown on both sides.
- While you fry the burgers, cut the tomatoes in slices and put them with lettuce on the spelt buns.
- Put the burgers on the spelt buns and top them with the fried onions.
- Tip: make a double portion and freeze one portion for moments when you're craving fast-food!