Friends! Can you feel that beat of spring going through your veins already? Guest blogger Daphne certainly can! She just made this amazing, fresh spring salad that you should definately try! She’s sharing the recipe with us:
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he sun begins to shine a bit more, giving me that spring feeling. I therefore decided to make a fresh salad to increase that feeling. The salad turned out so good; it seriously tastes like heaven!
The base of this salad is quinoa. Quinoa is a very healthy seed that is free of wheat and gluten. It has a lot of health benefits and is a really good option for vegetarians. It gives
you a lot of energy and is full of vitamin b2, antioxidants and fibers.
Mango gives the salad a fresh touch and the greek feta makes it a bit more creamy. Pine nuts and rocket give the salad an extra bite.
Making this healthy and refreshing salad only takes 20 minutes of your time. I can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t make this quick, healthy and delicious meal!
The Fresh Mango Quinoa Salad
Gluten free, vegetarian spring salad
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 82g
Dietary Fiber 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups/340 grams quinoa
- 1 mango
- 5 hands rocket
- 10 sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup/150 grams greek feta
- 1/4 cup/35 grams pinenuts
- Cook the quinoaseeds for 12 minutes
- Cut the mango into small pieces and set a side
- Cut the greek feta into small cubes
- Cut the sundried tomatoes as small as you prefer
- When the quinoa is cooked, put it in a bowl and mix with the rocket
- Add all the other ingrediënts and mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: add some raisins if you like!
Great Body & Skin http://greatbodyskin.com/
Images in this post by Dahpne Kooy