What makes this burger a much healthier version of the McDonalds hamburger, is that it’s made with organic turkey breast instead of beef and doesn’t come in a bun. This makes this fast food a lot clener and leaner, full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and protein and much lower carb. A better option for your health, figure and skin, that even improve these things, opposite of regular fast foods.
Although I’m not a fan of wheat, I do use it in this recipe. It’s better to use grain free flours, like buckwheat. I didn’t have it in my pantry though and as long as you are not gluten-sensitive, you can use s[pelt flour, like I did. It’s a better option than real fast food anyway.
Clean, bun-free, ‘fast food’ turkey burger
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Kitchen aid: blender, flexible spatula, mixing bowl, 2 serving spoons, greased griddle, oven preheated to 390°F/200°C
Ingredients (preferably organic and fresh):
- 1 really big egg
- 3.2 ounce/90 gram spelt flour
- 10.6 ounce/300 gram turkey breast, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup/80 gram green peas
- 1/2 cup/80 gram carrots, diced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 big washed iceberg leaves
- bundle of fresh basil leaves
- bundle of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp fine Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fine Celtic sea salt to garnish
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Put the turkey in the blender and blend untill it becomes really small. Scoop out with a spatula and put in a bowl.
- Mix the egg, zucchini, basil, parsley, pepper and salt in the blender and add to the turkey. Stir firmly until the ingredients blend well, meanwhile adding the flour bit by bit. Add the carrot and green peas (be careful not to squeeze the peas).
- Use 2 serving spoons to create about 4 burgers (depending on how big you want to have them; oven times are based on 4 burgers) on the griddle. If the mixture is still too liquid: add flour. The burgers should be flat enough so that the turkey get’s well done. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Now just shove the griddle in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, baked the onion rings untill they are glazed.
- When the burgers are ready, take them out of the oven, top with tomato slices and onion rings and wrap them up in an iceberg leave. For more crunchyness you can wrap them up in an extra leave.
Nutritional value per serving
Kcal 244 carbs 32.5 protein 25 fat 3.5 fiber 12