[dropcap]A[/dropcap]s promised my daily vegan/vegetarian Christmas recipe that I’ll be sharing in the days before Christmas. Today’s recipe concerns a vegetarian main course, which is also gluten free, only contains natural sugars, has a low lactose content, is easy to digest, healthy, but above all: damn tasty!
Psst: this mango-beet timbale would be perfect as a warm salad on week days as well.
- 600 gr cooked beets, chopped
- 2 challots, finely chopped
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1,5 tbs balsamic vinaigrette
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 tbs orange zest
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- 1,5 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1,5 tbs maple syrup
- 2 mango's, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbs fresh thyme (keep a twig aside to garnish)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground clove
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- +/- 300 gr. goat cheese, crumbled
- little bit of maple syrup
- 4 tbs chopped walnuts
- Heat the coconut oil, maple syrup and spices in a sauce pan.
- Add the mango, stir well and let the mango simmer until it gets slightly soft.
- Set aside while keeping it warm.
- Heat the coconut oil, balsamic vinaigrette, oragne juice, orange zest, shallot, spices and herbs until the shallot is tender.
- Add the beets, stir well and turn the heat to medium until the beets are warmed up well.
- Turn down the heat, set aside and keep warm.
- Stack a small plate on top of a plate and place a timbale mold in the middle of the plate.
- Fill the ring first with a layer of mango first, then add a layer of beetroot and finish it off with a layer of goat cheese.
- Carefully remove the ring.
- Top with walnuts, a little bit of maple syrup and a twig of thyme.
- Bon appetit!
- Total time is based on the ingredient list
Shop what I used in this recipe:
Check back tomorrow for a vegan/vegetarian Christmas dessert!