One of her beauty secrets is that she doesn’t eat sugar or gluten. Does that make you think she doesn’t have her indulgencies? The opposite is actually true! Here’s one of her favorite recipes for gluten- and sugar free banana-oat muffins to prove it.
Miranda Kerr’s sugar- and gluten-free apple and banana oat muffins
- 2 cups freshly ground certified gluten free oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup goats milk yoghurt
- ½ cup organic apple juice
- 2 lightly beaten organic eggs and one egg white
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 large green organic apples
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Miranda’s muffins contain many very healthy and beautifying ingredients.
- In a food processor grind the oats into a flour-like consistency and add in the walnuts.
- Place oat mix, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs separately in a small bowl. Add yoghurt and apple juice.
- On very low heat mix the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and honey until it becomes a syrup-like consistency.
- Add this wet mix into the dry mixture, and slowly fold in apple and bananas.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease your muffin tins and fill ¾ full.
- Bake for 40 mins or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center off the muffin and comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 15 mins before serving and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Copyright images: Miranda Kerr