There aren’t many things that I hate. Likewise, there aren’t many things I hate about autumn. There are just a few tiny little things that get on my nerves during this further quite refined season (candles! Pumpkins! Falling red leaves in a watery evening sun!).
Admitted: toads, which suddenly peep out in extreme numbers and are dangerous obstacles to avoid during my runs, are simply nerve wrecking. Definitely like cats better. They’re much softer and they don’t accidentally jump on my feet.
But really: my biggest annoyance is that sore throat after getting my fun fur coat wet. Here’s a simple but effective, natural cure to sooth that sore throat the day after.
- 1 or 2 slices of fresh lemon (use organic lemons. Otherwise it's better not to use the skin).
- 1 tbs cardamom seeds (I used them unpeeled)
- 1 thumb tip fresh ginger root (peeled)
- 1 tbs honey
- boiled water
- Simply combine all ingedrients in your cup and wait for 5 minutes.
- Sift out the cardamom seeds and enjoy your tea!
- If you want a stronger cardamom taste, peel the skin, take out the cardamom seeds and use a tea bag to soak the seeds in your tea.
Too busy for recipes? Add honey to Pukka’s warming Clarity Lemon & Ginger tea and add a slice of fresh lemon.