High protein flapjack for breakfast!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day: breaking your nightly fast, properly refueling your body with nutrients and speeding up your metabolism. Unfortunately, not all people have a good appetite in the morning. What happens when you they tend not to eat until lunch time, is the risk of munching on bad stuff at 4 o’clock and overeating. Therefore it is better to really try to eat something proper in the morning.
To make this more easy, I came up with a sweet ovo vegetarian flapjack recipe that is completely clean, healthy, additives-free, sugar-free* (perfect for diabetics!), lactose- and caseine-free, full of nutrients like vitamins, minerals, protein and healthy fatty acids. Moreover, they are low carb and will keep you satisfied until lunch at least.
- it has the highest percentage dietary fibre of all flours (58%)
- low on carbohydrates
- a great source of protein
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- treats candida
- stimulates digestion
- promotes absorption of vitamins and minerals
Vegan, clean, non-GMO protein powder
I furthermore used protein powder, which has a great protein/kcal ratio. The cleanest, highest quality protein powder you can get is Sun Warrior brown rice protein powder, which is vegan, organic and non-GMO (non-genetically modified organism). Vanilla flavor is my favorite to use in smoothies, pancakes, desserts etc., but there’s also chocolate flavor, for instance.
Indulgent 100% Ovo Vegetarian Peanut Butter Coconut Protein Flapjack
Serves: 1 thick, big pancake
Kitchen aid: mixing bowl, griddle/pancake pan.
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbs (Aman Prana) coconut oil to butter the griddle;
- 1 cage-free egg yolk;
- 2 cage-free egg whites;
- 1 tbs (Aman Prana) gluten-free coconut flour/fiber;
- 0.5 scoop protein powder;
- 1 tbs natural peanut butter or another natural nut butter (Monki e.g., available at your organic store or organic food section);
- 40 ml water;
- 3 drops of stevia;
- 15 grams shredded coconut.
Aman Prana coconut oil and coconut fiber are the main flapjack ingredients
- Mix the eggs in a bowl and add the protein powder and coconut flour/fiber. Whisk roughly until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add peanut butter ad stevia and continue whisking.
- Add water bit by bit until the mixtures gets a regular flapjack consistency.
- Grease the griddle with coconut oil and set fire on medium heat.
- Scoop the mixture into the griddle and heat for a couple of minutes.
- While the top of the flapjack is still wet, strooi the shredded coconut on the flapjack.
- Carefully turn the pancake over as soon as the top has become dry.
- Wait for approximately 3 minutes, slide your pancake on a plate and enjoy your healthy breakfast!
Enjoy your breakfast tomorrow!
Raw Vegan Brown Rice Protein
Nutritional value per flapjack:
Kcal 499 Fiber 5.5 Protein 30.8 Carbs 12.8 Fat 38.7
*Free of refined sugar