[dropcap]T[/dropcap]asty salad following the paleo principles: unprocessed, natural, lots of vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats.
Paleo diet, also known as paleolithic diet or caveman diet, is all about natural foods to help achieve great health and a perfect physique. our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility.
The paleo diet – more kind of lifestyle than a diet – consists of natural and unprocessed lean protein, fruits and vegetables, healthy fats from nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil, fish oil and grass-fed meat.
Here’s a natural food recipe that is 100% paleo-proof!
Paleo Mackerel Salad with Rocket & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Kitchen aid: grill pan, bowl
Prepping time: 20 minutes
- 2 smoked mackerels with skin, lenghtwise sliced in half
- 1.5 cucumber, shaved
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- bundle of fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 cups/500 gr rocket
- Heat a grill pan and grill the mackerel on its skin (when using a good quality grill, no oil is needed) until you start to see dark lines on its skin.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise, remove the seeds and slice up in half a centimer thick slices.
- Whisk vinaigrette, shallot, thyme and garlic, in a small bowl.
- Add arugula and cucumber and toss.
- Place the salad on plates and drizzle some extra vinaigrette over salad.
- Top the salad with half mackerel and serve.