Fed up with protein shakes? Looking for creative ways to add more (vegetarian) proteins to your diet? Pancake lover? Sugar and gluten free? If you said yes to all of these questions you’d better read on!
Having drinks in the sun with my leather babe 😉 & bride-to-be
Yesterday I was having drinks in the sun with my friends. One of them, a 34 year old women, is about to get married and wants to tone up a bit before her big day. She let me feel her guns 😀 (well done woman!) that started to show since thanks to her kettlebell (shop yours at Amazon or Bol).
Importance of protein
I told her about the importance of incorporating enough protein, especially as a sporty girl. She knew about this, but told me that she finds it hard to be creative with proteins in the kitchen. Therefore: this one is for you, babe: one of my favorite post-workout high protein meals (which is also vegetarian, sugar free and gluten free)!
I love this pancake recipe: so sweet, filling and great for muscle repair after a workout!
- 21 grams Sunwarrior protein powder (equals 1 scoop. I used vanilla flavor, it's the best!)
- 2 eggs (free range, organic)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (organic, unsweetend)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (organic, non-deodorised/extra virgin)
- Heat a teaspoon coconut oil in a (pancake) griddle.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well until you have a smooth batter (I used my Personal Blender to mix the ingredients).
- Lower the heat and poot the batter in the griddle.
- Bake until the top is almost dry.
- Turn the pancake and bake one minute more on the other side.
More high protein foods
Looking for a quick list with an overview of high protein foods, including their protein and caloric value? Subscribe to my newsletter here and you will get my ‘high protein food list’ for free!
Shop the ingredients
- Non-odorised, extra virgin, organic coconut oil at Amazon or at Vitaminstore
- Sunwarrior raw vegan protein powder at Amazon or at Bol
What’s your favorite creative way to add more proteins to your diet?