I love this moment of the day. So pure and quite; just me and the birds. It’s the perfect moment to think about how blessed I am with the people that surround me in my private and professional life. I feel blessed that as an entrepreneur things are moving and developing. That I am healthy and my family, love and friends are alive, healthy and around me.
Last but not least: I feel blessed that I managed to get home yesterday *darn public transport and stupid me for losing my bank card and travel card – face palm! *
Bothering my baby
You might be wondering why I am up at this early hour, although I didn’t sleep before 2:30 a.m. and have a MTB bike ride in the woods planned at 10 a.m. today. I confess immediately: I drank too much yesterday. Alcohol that is. Wine. At least: more than my body can handle. After one wine, I know my body starts to protest; my heart rate speeds up, which prevents me for falling asleep. Very annoying!
So, as I’ve stared at my ceiling for the last couple of hours and childishly bothering my poor asleep baby out of boredom, I decided to get up and put the raspberry salad online as I promised on Instagram.
Benefits or raspberries for health & beauty
This raspberry salad is low calorie, refreshing, sweet and light. Perfect after a late Friday night with to many drinks 😉
I think raspberries are perfectly interchangeable with candy because of their sweet flavor. But did you know that raspberries are also very healthy and have properties that can enhance your beauty? Here are the facts:
- full of fiber. 100 grams of raspberries contain 6.5 grams of them. Raspberries mainly consist of soluble fibers, which lower glucose levels in the blood and lower LDL and total cholesterol levels.
- full of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect cells from damaging free radicals, which slows down the aging process of for example your skin. Because of their cell protecting properties, antioxidants are also linked to anticancer properties and inhibition of tumor growth.
- they consist of 52% of vitamin C, which benefits the condition of your skin (e.g. skin repair) and your overall immune system.
Perfect model food!
Convinced that you should eat more raspberries? Off you go with this lovely spring/summer raspberry salad! Ps: I also added some walnuts and goat cheese for protein and healthy fatty acids.
- 3.2 oz rocket (100 grams)
- 2.6 oz raspberries (75 grams)
- 1.8 oz hard goat cheese (50 grams;hard goat cheese is very low lactose), cubed
- 0.5 cups walnuts (50 grams), slightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fine sea salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl, mix and enjoy!
What are the things in life that you are especially thankful for?