Brownies that are free of grains, gluten, dairy, lactose, processed sugar and packed with nutrients. Paleo brownies: brownie heaven it is!
[dropcap]I[/dropcap] have experimented with avocados a lot lately. My newest discovery is paleo brownies brownies; whoohoo, these are so good!
Why are they that good? Well, first of all, because they’re brownies and brownies are brownies, need I say more? But more important, these brownies consist of real chocolate, which is very beneficial to your health.
Furthermore, these brownies are completely clean; they contain no processed sugar, no E-numbers, they don’t contain any genetically manipulated ingredients, they’re grainless, gluten-free and dairy-free.
The forest fruits in these brownies are packed with nutrients. We can conclude than that these brownies are extremely healthy; they solely consist of highly nutritional ingredients and lack undesirable.
Psst! These are extremely good to munch on with a blanket on the couch, during your monthly period!
Health benefits of cacao: increased libido for men, treating PMS, anemia and tiredness, strengthning the immune system and energizes. Cacao contains tryptophan (reduces stress and increases the feeling of happiness), anandamide (a neurotransmitter that targets the same brain structures as THC, the active ingredient in cannabis) and fenyletylamine (a ‘love chemical’). Make sure to get raw organic cacao to profit from cacao’s health benefits; processed cacao lost all its healthy nutrients and leaves you solely with “empty calories”. Navita Naturalis has a good raw cacao powder in its assortment.
Health benefits of avocado: linked with decreasing the chances of developing breast cancer, lowers blood pressure, helps control heart rate and relieves hypertension, treats anxiety and stress, promotes healthy brain function, inflicts allergies, relieves headache, lowers bad cholesterol, increases muscular strength and metabolism and control water balance. Avocados contain many healthy omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin K, C & E, dietary fiber, potassium, beta-sitosterol, zinc, folic acid, vitamin B6 and copper. Especially omega-3 fatty acids, C & E vitamins are great for your skin, providing you with a radiant skin glow, treating flaky skin and acne and prevent premature skin aging. If you are having skin problems, it is wise to add avocados to your diet.
Paleo Frownies – Forest Fruit Brownies
Can’t wait to try these heavenly brownies yourself? View the video above and get the full recipe here:
Preperation time: 20 minutes
Oven time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12 big brownies
Kitchen aid: mixing bowl, mixer, cutting board, brownie tin or silicone brownie baking sheet for 12 big brownies.
- 2 ripe Hass avocado’s
- 6 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 0.7 cup /160 ml honey
- 1.2 cups / 150 gr chopped walnuts (or any other kind of nut that you prefer)
- 1 cup/120 gr cacao powder
- big bowl of forest fruits (currants, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries etc.)
- Preheat oven at 350°F/175°C
- Peel the avocados, remove the pit and squash them, so it’ll make mixing them with the other ingredients easier.
- Add the cacao, egg whites, egg yolks and honey and mix until the ingredients blend.
- Add the walnuts to the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture in a silicone baking sheet and put in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squash the forest fruits until they become more liquidish, like a marmelade. If desired you can add some honey.
- When the baking time has finished, let the brownies cool down and horizontally cut off the tops.
- Smear the marmalade on top of the brownie and layer with the cut off top.
Voila, your brownies are ready to eat now!
Copyright images: Minke Kroeze