[dropcap]A[/dropcap] few days ago I made myself highly nutritious salty dark chocolate bars with goji’s and almonds and posted a picture of it on my Instagram and Facebook. I got a lot of requests for the recipe, so here it is!
The recipe is extremely tasty, healthy and very simple to make. It contains no more than 6 ingredients that you most probably have at home: goji’s, almonds, cacao powder, coconut oil, (at least) 85% chocolate and sea salt.
If you don’t have goji’s but do have blueberries: use blueberries! The same holds for the almonds: if you don’t have almonds, use pistachio’s, macadamia’s, cashews (I consider these as the best, healthiest nuts) or any other kind of nut you like (a peanut is not a nut!). I don’t recommend using regular salt. If you don’t have coarse sea salt at home: leave out the salt or do your shopping!
Why did I use 1/4 cacao powder, 1/4 coconut oil and 1/2 chocolate instead of 1/2 cacao powder and 1/2 coconut oil? I was scared that using 1/2 cacao powder and 1/2 coconut oil would not leave me with the right results, meaning the mixture would not harden. Therefore I mixed in a few pieces of chocolate. For health freaks: go for 100% pure chocolate (available from i.e. Hotel Chocolat).
100% pure organic chocolate from Hotel Chocolat
If you dare to go for 1/2 cacao powder and 1/2 coconut oil: go for it and let me know what the results were!
- 50 gr / 0.3 C 85-100% (preferably organic, fairtrade) chocolate
- 1 tbs (preferably organic, fairtrade) cacao powder
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tbs melted organic coconut oil to grease the tin (my tin was 35x10x3 cm)
- 50 gr. / 0.3 C slightly chopped almonds
- 50 gr. / 0.3 C goji's
- 4 pinches of coarse seasalt (to taste; use more or less if desired)
- shallow (non-stick) baking tin
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil au bain marie.
- When melted, mix in the cacao powder, goji's and almonds.
- Grease the griddle.
- Poor a thin layer of the mixture out on the baking tin.
- Top with seasalt.
- Leave in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- Take out of the freezer and cut into pieces and enjoy!
- Best kept in the freezer!