[dropcap]O[/dropcap]hlala! This superfood chocolate pudding with chia seeds, maca and raw cocoa nibs (and a splash of coconut cream) is such a tasty way to provide you with a whole bunch of beautifying vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Besides, it’s great for your sexlife 🙂 Whoop! Doesn’t this make eating healthily extremely easy and fun?!
Food can be the best medicine for health, which in turn provides you with a great body and flawless skin. My superfood chocolate pudding is such a food, so you can be sure you can eat it without any guilt (although eating should never be accompanied by guilt)! Here’s why:
Health benefits fo coconut
Contains healthy fats, which is also called “the fat that makes you thin”. These fats help the body feel full and satiate the brain receptors that control appetite. The fats in coconut furthermore consist mainly of lauric acid, which lowers ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol. Coconut is furthermore anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, promotes healthy digestion, is beneficial to diabetics and prevents heart- and artery disease.
Health benefits fo chia seeds
- balance the blood sugar level and therefor prevent cravings;
- prevent heart and artery diseases;
- support heart health;
- reduce the risk on certain types of cancer;
- energize and boost metabolism, promoting weight loss (or maintaining your weight, depending on certain variables);
- fill you up and keep you full, but in a good way: they will not make you gain weihgt, as they will actually promote weight loss by absorbing water and expanding in your stomach;
- prevent premature skin aging;
- hydrate your body; i.e. your skin, treating dry and flaky skin and keeping your colon hydrated and lubricated to ensure bowel movement;
- cleanse your colon and absorb toxins, which provides you with a clear skin;
- protect against inflammation;
- preserve muscle tissue;
- improve brain function.
Health benefits of raw cocoa
Energizing, anti-oxidant-rich, contains tryptophan (reduces stress and increases the feeling of happiness), anandamide (a neurotransmitter that targets the same brain structures as THC, the active ingredient in cannabis) and fenyletylamine (a love chemical). Raw cocoa furthermore leads to an increased libido for men, treats PMS, anemia and tiredness, strengthens the immune system and balances the blood sugar level.
Health benefits of maca
Hey! A newbie on my blog! Well, not exactly … I have posted a few Instagrams before in which I shared a food pic that contained maca. I have added it to many of my smoothies already, but I still have to find some time to post the recipes online. Busy busy busy! 🙂
So now you know what the benefits of maca are for your health, beauty and sexlife. It’s time to share the recipe with you! 🙂
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1.5 tbs raw organic cocoa powder
- 0.5 tbs raw organic cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 0.25 tbs agar agar
- dash fine Celtic seasalt
- dash chili powder
- 0.25 tbs cinnamon
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- orange zest to top
- 250 ml boiling water
- 1. Place chia seeds and agar agar in a bowl and slowly add the boiling water while regularly steering it. If you don't steer it regularly until the seeds have sucked up all the water, you'll het lumps in your pudding. Place the chia seeds in the fridge to cool down.
- 2. After about an hour, your pudding has cooled down and you can now add the rest of the ingredients to your pudding, except for the coconut cream and orange zest.
- 3. Serve your pudding in glasses and top with a layer of coconut cream, than orange zest, cinnamon and some cocoa nibs.
- Bon appetite!
- 63 kcal | 7 g carbs | 4.6 g fat | 2.5 g protein
Shop the ingredients online
This recipe contains agar agar. Shop agar agar powder online
Get your chia seeds from Navitas Naturals or Terrasana
Get your cocoa powder from Navitas Naturalsor Mattisson
Get your raw cocoa nibs from Navitas Naturals Mattisson
Shop maca powder online