[dropcap]T[/dropcap]hese muffins are gluten free, sugar free, vegan and they treat anemia and PMS, reduce stress and contain loooove chemicals. Oh baby!
This morning when I woke up, I went into the kitchen in my PJ’s, opened the fridge and my cupboards and peeked into the fruit basket … unfortunately there were not a lot of things at home to fill my rumbling belly with. I had to be a little creative.
Banana, almond butter, hemp protein & raw cocoa beans
I collected the few delish and nutritious ingredients that I could find around the house and placed them on the kitchen counter: a banana, a jar of almond butter, a jar of hemp protein powder and a jar of raw cocoa beans. I started mashing the banana, not really knowing what I was going to do with it. I then added the rest of the ingredients to the banana mash and tried to make balls of the batter.
The batter was too soft and sticky though, so this just left me with dirty hands. Then I saw my muffin tin and I thought I could also make quick & easy muffins with the batter. Voila: a new recipe was born!
Love chemicals & more
I preheated the oven, threw in some cinnamon, baking powder and cream of tartar (perfect substitute for yeast, which candida sufferers should avoid!), baked the muffins for 15 minutes and when I finished my 1st cup of coffee, my breakkie was done. With my 2nd cup of coffee I had 4 high protein muffins full of healthy fatty acids, antioxidants, tryptophan, anandamide, love chemicals, libido increasing, stress reducing, PMS and anemia treating nutrients.
Here’s the full recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 large banana
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 0.3 cup hempseed protein powder
- 0.3 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat (electric) oven at 200°C/390°F
- Smash banana with a forkand add cinnamon, almond butter, cocoa nibs, hempseed powder.
- Butter tin with melted coconut oil.
- Just before you put the butter in the tin and the tin in the oven, add the baking powder and cream of tartar to the butter.
- Devide the batter over the muffin tin (I used only 4 of the cups in the tin).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down.
- Top the muffins with a thin layer of almond butter and shredded coconut.
Which ingredients have I used?
Raw cocoa nibs | Best choices: Mattisson / Navitas Naturals
Coconut oil | Best choices: Omega&More / Royal Green / Nature’s Way
Almond butter | Best choices: Horizon / TerraSana / Kevala
Cream of tartar | Best choices: Spicely